Redshift releases integration for SideFX Houdini
After a thorough development process, we’re delighted to officially launch Redshift for SideFX Houdini.
Redshift can now stand as the rendering backbone to the incredible procedural animation Houdini enables.
Houdini is a powerful all-in-one 3D application combining modeling, animation, rigging, compositing and more. It’s used by a wide range of CG artists around the globe in industries such as film, TV, games, advertising and beyond.
This brand new Houdini plugin puts industry-leading GPU-accelerated rendering performance into the hands of Houdini users the world over.
Key Houdini integration features
- Hair and Fur – Support of the Houdini curve primitives, that are extracted as RS hair objects.
- Houdini primitives – Automatic and configurable tessellation of the Houdini primitive surfaces (primitives, nurbs, etc.)
- Instancing/particles – Support of the Houdini instancing, including the Instance OBJ node, and the “instance” and “instancepath” attributes, extracted as RS Instances or RS Point Clouds
- User Data Attributes – Support for arbitrary user data attributes per object or instance, enabling shading variation without requiring different materials
- Strands – Render of any kind of Houdini primitive as RS strands
- Volumes – Direct rendering of OpenVDB files and the Houdini Volume and VDB primitives. Support of volume instancing and velocity grids
- Non-GUI tools – The plugin is compatible with all the Houdini non-GUI tools (hython, hscript, etc.) and includes a set of custom HScript commands to control the renderer.
If you have an up to date Redshift maintenance contract, this upgrade is available to you as standard.